Dr. Bruce Fife - Benefits of Coconut Oil



Dementia Reversal with Coconut oil - in an 85yr old at 35 days.


101 Uses for Coconut Oil

http://wellnessmama.com/5734/101-uses-for-coconut-oil/




101 Uses for Coconut Oil

101 Uses for Coconut Oil Wellness Mama 101 Uses for Coconut Oil

I’ve said before that I am with coconut oil like the dad in “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” is with windex… I use it for everything. Right now, I have a five gallon bucket of it sitting next to my desk because we use so much and I don’t have anywhere else to keep it…
I love this organic virgin and fair-trade coconut oil from Thrive Market (which is like Costco online but for healthy products). Their coconut oil is 40% off retail. (And Thrive Market sells many other of my favorite products at 30-50% off normal prices!)
Today, I’m sharing my top 101 (yes 101!!) uses for coconut oil:

Uses for Coconut Oil

  1. In cooking as a great oil with a high smoke point. Great for baking, stir-frys or as a dairy free replacement to butter.
  2. Taken supplementally for daily energy
  3. As a coffee creamer when emulsified into coffee (The only way I’ll drink coffee)
  4. On the skin as a basic lotion
  5. In homemade lotion bars for soft, smooth skin
  6. In homemade deodorant or deodorant bars
  7. As an eye-makeup remover
  8. As a cloth diaper safe diaper cream (just rub on baby’s bottom)
  9. In making your own Remineralizing Toothpaste
  10. To lighten age spots when rubbed directly on the skin
  11. To prevent stretch marks during pregnancy
  12. To support healthy thyroid function
  13. In homemade Mayo without the high PUFA vegetable oils
  14. To help increase sun tolerance and avoid burning
  15. As a naturally SPF 4 sunscreen
  16. In homemade lotion recipes
  17. To get rid of cradle cap on baby- just massage in to head, leave on for a few minutes and gently rinse with a warm wash cloth
  18. Topically to kill yeast or yeast infections
  19. As a delicious tropical massage oil
  20. It’s high Lauric acid and MCFA content helps boost metabolism
  21. A tiny dab rubbed on your hands and then through hair will help get rid of friz
  22. As an intensive nighttime facial moisturizer
  23. Mixed with equal parts sugar for a smoothing body scrub (use in the shower)
  24. Rubbed on lips as a natural chap stick
  25. Topically, can help skin heal faster after injury or infection
  26. Directly on the perineum to help heal after birth
  27. As an incredibly intensive natural conditioner- Rub into dry hair, put a shower cap on and leave for several hours
  28. On feet to fight athlete’s foot or fungus
  29. In place of Lanolin cream on nursing nipples to sooth irritation (also great for baby!)
  30. Can help sooth psoriasis or eczema
  31. There is some evidence that regular ingestion of coconut oil can help prevent or reverse Alzheimers
  32.  With apple cider vinegar as a natural treatment for lice that actually works
  33. In natural Homemade Sunscreen
  34. In healthy brain boosting snack for kids like Coconut Clusters
  35. In a filling and energy boosting Brain Power Smoothie
  36. Rub coconut oil on the inside of your nose to help alleviate allergy symptoms
  37. Nursing moms can take 3-4 tablespoons a day (and Vitamin D) to increase milk supply and nutrients
  38. There is some evidence that coconut oil helps digestion and may even kill intestinal parasites or yeast
  39. Mix a tablespoon with a tablespoon of chia seeds for an all-day energy boost (do NOT take this at night!)
  40. Can help improve insulin levels
  41. Oil pulling with coconut oil and a drop of oregano oil helps improve gum health
  42. Can help improve cholesterol ratios
  43. Blend a tablespoon into hot tea to help speed recovery from cold or flu
  44. In Homemade Natural Bug-Off Lotion Bars
  45. As a replacement for vegetable oils in any recipe
  46. Better for high-temperature cooking than olive or vegetable oils
  47. Can help reduce appearance of varicose veins
  48. After initial heat is gone, can help speed healing of sunburn
  49. Is an immediate source of energy when eaten and isn’t stored as fat
  50. As a natural personal lubricant that won’t disturb vaginal flora
  51. As a naturally antibacterial skin cream
  52. In natural homemade diaper cream
  53. As a natural shave cream and after shave lotion
  54. When used consistently on skin it can help get rid of cellulite
  55. To season cast iron skillets
  56. It’s anti-inflammatory properties can help lessen arthritis
  57. Can reduce the itch of mosquito bites
  58. Can help resolve acne when used regularly
  59. Can be rubbed into scalp daily to stimulate hair growth
  60. I’ve used in kids ears to help speed ear infection healing
  61. On split ends to de-frizz
  62. A small amount can be rubbed into real leather to soften and condition (shiny leather only… test a small area first)
  63. By itself as a great tanning oil
  64. Mixed with salt to remove dry skin on feet
  65. Can help speed weight loss when consumed daily
  66. Can help improve sleep when taken daily
  67. Can be used to speed healing of fungal infections when taken internally and used externally
  68. A tablespoon melted into a cup of warm tea can help sooth a sore throat
  69. To help sooth the itch of chicken pox or poison ivy
  70. It has been shown to increase absorption of calcium and magnesium
  71. Internally as part of the protocol to help remineralize teeth
  72.  Some evidence shows that the beneficial fats in coconut oil can help with depression and anxiety
  73. By itself as a natural deodorant
  74. By itself or with baking soda as a naturally whitening toothpaste
  75. For pets struggling with skin issues when used externally
  76. Some evidence suggests that the beneficial fats in coconut oil are helpful for those with Autism
  77. In homemade vapor rub
  78. As a safe cooking oil for deep frying
  79. A tablespoon taken before each meal can help improve digestion
  80. Can be taken in warm ginger tea to sooth heartburn or nausea
  81. As a completely natural baby lotion
  82. On hands after doing dishes to avoid dry skin
  83. Mixed with catnip, rosemary, or mint essential oils as a natural bug repellent
  84. Can be used on mom’s nipple and baby’s mouth to help treat thrush
  85. Many use it as an anti-aging facial moisturizer
  86. Use to make coconut cream concentrate for a brain boosting snack
  87. Can be used internally and externally to speed recovery from UTIs
  88. When taken regularly, it can help fight candida
  89. When taken regularly, it can boost hormone production
  90. Can relieve the pain of hemorrhoids when used topically
  91. Can boost circulation and help those who often feel cold
  92. On cuticles to help nails grow
  93. Rub into elbows daily to help alleviate dry, flaky elbows
  94. Add to smoothies to give them a nutritional boost
  95. Internally during pregnancy to help provide baby necessary fats for development (especially when taken with Fermented Cod Liver Oil)
  96. In any recipes where vegetable oils are used
  97. Whipped with shea butter for a soothing body balm
  98. One reader swears by using coconut oil to treat yeast infection. She suggests soaking a tampon in it and inserting the tampon for a few hours.
  99. Naturally clears up cold sores
  100. Ingesting coconut oil daily can help with allergy symptoms
  101. Ingesting coconut oil daily can increase mental alertness
You can also check out my recipe list for many more recipes that use coconut oil!

What Kind of Coconut Oil?

For external uses, expeller pressed or other types of refined coconut oil will work, but for internal use, an unrefined virgin coconut oil is best. Here is a great discount source I’ve found from one of my favorite new companies, Thrive Market, which helps bring real foods to families on a budget.
Another thing I love about Thrive is that for every new membership, they give one away to a family in need.
Coconut 101 Uses for Coconut Oil

My husband and I both take about 4 tablespoons a day and the kids get a couple tablespoons in food, smoothies, or hot herbal tea.

A Great Coconut Oil Resource

If you are new to coconut oil, I highly recommend this in-depth guide to using coconut oil to boost health. It addresses using coconut oil for thyroid health, heart health, improving skin and more. Use this link to get 89% off today and you’ll also get two bonus books.
How many of these uses for Coconut Oil have you tried? What did I miss? Share your favorite uses for coconut oil below!
Top Photo Credit: Suzanne Perazzini
Filed Under: Health

About Katie - Wellness Mama

I'm a mom on a mission... to help YOU provide nutritious food and a healthy lifestyle for your family, even on a budget (and you can do it without any more time or stress).
Get FREE access to my 7 Simple Steps for Healthier Families Guide + my newsletter & special health deals!

Reader Comments

  1. Kelly says
    Oooh, I have to try #39.
    • Mindy says
      How did you eat it? I have dry chia seeds. Did you grind them up with coconut oil? I want to try it but I’m not sure how to get it down without feeling gross.
      • Kelly says
        I just mixed whole seeds with the oil. I may try grinding them up next time, because it was a bit… crunchy. And a little gross. There’s a mention above about freezing it in pill-sized pieces and swallowing it; I may try that as well.
        • Sarah Laird Fultz says
          Did you feel energetic? What happens if you take it at night? That note made me feel a little nervous about even taking it during the day.
        • Jennifer says
          Maybe it would be better to soak the seeds in a bit of water first and then stir in the coconut oil in to make a pudding? I’m addicted to drinking chia seeds with thai young coconut water! (Rice milk is really nice too)
      • Mari Elayne Moody says
        you can add it to smoothies, coffee, on a salad, replace vegetable oil with coconut oil … Its good in a smoothie, and in coffee, if you imulsify it first its just like creamer. Thats how I ingest it. Good Luck on finding new uses for it
        • Lori Leathers says
          The first coconut oil I bought had no flavor at all, saving that for cooking. The next I got was Betterbody Extra Virgin and tasted like eating a Mounds candy bar. I got to where I could tolerate eating a spoonful of it. I have a bad oil gag reflex. The only thing I can stand to stick in something oily or have oily is bread sticks…can dunk them in garlic butter all day long! But seafood in butter…yuck…oil & vinegar on a salad…yuck. If I buy a viniagrette dressing I let it separate and pour off the oil!! I tried putting it in tea and nearly barfed. Then I read about the difference in how the oilswere processed and realize the unrefined is the best for internal use. I ordered 2 gallons of Tropical Traditions Gold on sale. It has a totally different smell and not so great taste. The only way I have been able to get it chocked down is to get it warm and pour it over sweetened coconut flakes and let them sit & soak until it solidifies again. Then I can get it down and it’s almost enjoyable. I really want to get to where I am taking a couple of spoonfuls before each meal. Any other suggestions on how I can get it down that might be a bit more healthy than the sweetened coconut flakes?
          • Coco W says
            I’ve just bought a bottle of 100% virgin coconut oil only because my friend did and told me its multi-purpose.
            – never purposely consumed coconut oil, but I’m just thking of putting it in the clear capsules which you can get from pharmacies. (if you feel sick of swallowoil but still wanna take it without other food/drink)
            – Mix it into your cup of coffee or smoothies;
            – Use it when baking cookies; or
            – I’ve seen ppl mentioning freezing it, but I’m not sure whether it will start melting before it gets down your throat.
            but yea, let’s try.
          • joellen says
            I just added mine to yogurt yummy
          • Tabitha says
            What I do is whip it with a few tablespoons of peanut butter and honey and eat it as a fruit dip. It tastes like a fluffy, nutty, coconuty caramel. It is SO delicious and that’s how I get my toddler to eat it too!
          • Penney says
            I put the coconut oil on toast just as I would butter and I sprinkle cinnamon on top. I also have started the oil pulling and my mouth feels great just like after a teeth cleaning. Love it! I’ve been told not to do this for more than 20 mins, not sure why. I use organic, extra virgin coconut oil.
          • Anne says
            I eat it with yogurt every morning. I use a fork to scrape the cold oil into shavings the size of oats and measure out how much I want. After I add it I then add some sort of whole grain granola-type crunchy goodness and whatever fruit. I have a scrambled egg and coffee and I am good to go!
        • Anne says
          I would like to drink it in my coffee but I’m not sure how to emulsify it with anything else liquid based. I tried melting it, adding it to the creamer and shaking it vigorously, but it still separated. Same with the butter in coffee. I also tried in oatmeal.
      • Jamila M Hariri Wiley says
        i was thinking the same.. debating on heating it slightly and doing quick shots
      • Sabiah Love says
        i found it disgusting when i started eating it too.. i know oil pull for 30mins a day as often as i can.. you could start by oilpuling and spitting it out, and work up to swallowing it or just try to swallow it quickly and have something tasty after.. you can also put it in a smoothie so you dont taste it at all.. your taste buds will become accustomed to it.
        • amanda shinkle says
          You should not drink the oil after pulling, it becomes full of toxins. Yuck
          • Kristy says
            Agreed. Doesn’t ingesting the oil after pulling defeat the point of pulling, which is to draw toxins from your body and into the oil, which you then spit out?
          • Michael says
            I’m confused, what is oil pulling? Is taking the seeds with the oil not safe?
          • Jann says
            Oil Pulling is when you put about a tablespoon of oil into your mouth and swish it around, for anything from a minute to 30 mins before spitting it out. It draws toxins out of your system via your mouth, and even breaks down plaque on your teeth. If you go online you can find a lot of testimonials of the benefits people have found from Oil Pulling, and also the different oils you can use.
          • Annie says
            I don’t think Sabia was suggesting that anyone swallow after oil pulling. She was suggesting that the person above her try oil pulling first, where you spit the oil. Once she becomes accustomed to the taste/feel of oil in her mouth, she could move on to swallowing it immediately as a supplement (NOT after swishing).
        • Cava says
          Sabiah’s comment about swallowing coconut out after pulling defeats the purpose of the act.
          Oil Pulling is meant to remove toxins from the body – if you swallow it, you have just ingested all that
          was meant to be spat out.
          • Duffy says
            What utter nonsense! Toxins are removed by your liver. Swilling oil around the mouth might conceivably affect the flora, but will do nothing to these “toxins” whatever they may be.
          • Marlo says
            Not nonsense at all. Research and find out about the long history of the ancient ayurvedic practice of oil pulling.
          • Jeff Martin says
            An ancient practise does not mean it is efficatious. Oil of any kind will not pull “toxins” out your body through mouth use. Get a grip. I use the oil for several things but not for my bad back.
        • Jocape says
          I don’t think you are supposed to swallow after pulling CO.
        • jules says
          oil pull with a drop or two of lime essential oil mixed in it makes it a lot easier to look forward to!
        • Romina says
          I would not recommend you to swallow the oil pull at all. Because you basically swallowed all the toxins and bacteria that the oil pull got out. You don’t want that stuff in your body at all.
        • Kathleen says
          I have been researching oil pulling and came across advice to NOT swallow it because it pulls toxins from your mouth and body. Do you have any concerns about swallowing it?
      • Jane says
        You can make chocolate using coconut oil … I made it today using cocoa, maple syrup and I added some sesame seeds and chia seeds for a bit of texture. Delicious!
        • Beth says
          Is this a dark or milk chocolate- like substitute? & which is healthier… dark chocolate, or this homemade mixture?
...

[Message clipped]  View entire message

CaresLifesWisdom AllsortsPetStuff 1a.mcraes.enterprises@gmail.com

11:34 PM (3 minutes ago)
to alpine_9s, bcc: Sheran, bcc: Joan



Reader Comments

      • jacqui baker says
        i chopped up a small portion of fruit ie nectrine or blueberries and mixed this through the coco ut oil and chia seeds
      • Jacqui Hawkins says
        1 Tbsp coconut oil and 1 Tbsp of chia seeds? Instantly induces vomiting, I just tried it ~ I usually eat Q’ia. Its a blend of many different seeds (chia, hemp, etc) in my yogurt, my cereal, etc. much easier on the stomach, but also provides energy.
      • Audrey says
        I have several questions. Can you put coconut oil all around the eye area, including upper and lower lids??? Will the brands at the grocery store do just as well??? Can you please send me some recipes for smoothies??? If the solid melts is it okay to put on your face in the liquid form??? Also, is this what you use, because looking at your picture you have beautiful skin??? What is your secret??? Thanks for your replies!!! Need fast answers, please.
...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woldwide Scammer 50 etc ID's etc!!!datehookup.com/dean1233 Romance Scam http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=358335

Wife of Hollywood producer Alan Ladd claims SHE was drugged and raped by Bill Cosby in 1969